We live on only life-supporting planet Earth. We are residential of Earth, so think that we have all the information about the planet but do we really?
Though we aren’t wrong as the scientists have discovered what not about our home planet there are still a lot to uncover. So, why not today let’s take a ride to know about some hardly known facts about our home planet Earth.
Here are 10 Unknown Yet Must To Know Facts About Planet Earth:
1.Time difference between American Samoa and The Line Island is 25 years despite the fact that they are only 2,000 km away from each other.
2. At any time of the day, large part of the planet Earth lies in dark. The reason behind it, World Ocean occupies 71% of our planet’s surface and the sunlight reaches to only 200 m.
3. The seven existing continents formed after the split of two continents Laurasia and Gondwana which was made after the split of one continent Pangea. And now as per the scientists, all the continents will merge again in 250-300 million years from now.
4. A natural satellite of Earth i.e., Moon was once part of the Earth as suggested by Swedish scientists.
5. The oldest recognized temple is Göbekli Tepe which is located in southern Turkey and is 12,000 years old.
6. The total area of Earth is covered with nearly 97% of water but sadly it can’t be used as drinking water. Only 3% of total water is available as drinking water and among 3%, 20% is held in Lake Baikal and 70% in glaciers.
7. Antarctica, not the Chile has the driest place in the world. McMurdo Dry Valleys of Antarctica receives no rain for 2 million years.
8. The World Air Sports Federation recognized a border in an atmosphere at an altitude of 100 km above sea level which is an internationally accepted line.
9. Mauna Kea is taller than Mount Everest. If it measures from the base then it has the height of 10,203 m and taller than Mount Everest which is 8,848 m.
10. Scientists have suggested a theory that explains the mass extinction that eliminates almost 90% of all living beings on Earth. A bacteria named Methanosrica, suddenly arose in the oceans 252 million years ago, which was the only mass extinction of the insects.
Aren’t these pieces of information about our planet Earth unique??