Saree, an Indian traditional attire of women. It is said that a woman looks ultra gorgeous when she wears a Saree. So there is hardly any woman or girl in the nation who doesn’t own even a single Saree.
If we particularly talk about our grandmothers and mothers, we see a huge collection of saree in their wardrobe. Some sarees are too old that can’t be worn while some are too precious to be thrown away. In such case, this saree remain idle in the wardrobe. But why don’t we turn these Sarees into a new thing and repurpose them!
Here are 10 easy to make ideas to repurpose your Old Saree:
1. Turn into a dress: Repurpose your old silk saree into an Indo-western dress.
2. Turn into a kurta: Repurpose your silk saree into a stylish kurta.
3. Turn into bottoms: You can make palazzo pants or a sharara or a skirt with your old saree.
4. Turn into a lehenga: Restyle your saree with the help of your masterji and get a full-length lehenga.
5. Turn into a desi dupatta: Cut a length part of an old saree and make a dupatta of it.
6. Turn into a jacket: Ethnic jackets are in trend these days. So don’t try with an old saree. Make any kind of jacket with an old saree.
7. Turn into a quilt: Reuse your mom’s old brocade sarees into a patchwork quilt.
8. Turn into cushion covers: Everyone is doing the same these days. Trust us, converting an old silk or any type of saree into cushion covers is a great idea.
9. Turn into curtains: The one of the best way to repurpose an old saree. Take a plain saree with subtle border and hang it on your windows.
10. Turn into a full bed sheet: It will give the unique touch to your bed. You just need two sarees with contrasting colors and with your creativity turn into a bed sheet.
Before turning precious saree of your mom take her permission guys!!