Looking to attract some passenger traffic, national carrier Air India has announced two special schemes for passengers, an all-inclusive discounted fare for travel between metros and an offer to win an upgrade from economy and business class to first class on flights between Delhi and Mumbai.
Air India has cut ticket prices in its ‘Fares to Celebrate’ scheme for the incoming new year in a fresh bid to get seats occupied as well as give the private airlines some stiff competition, With prices starting from just Rs 849, the carrier has set up the booking period for discounted tickets from December 27 to December 31, 2016 for flights between January 15 and April 30, 2017,while the offer is for domestic flights or domestic leg of international flights.
Under the Lucky First scheme, valid for travel between January 1 and 15, passengers travelling in economy or business class on Air India B777 flights on Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi sector will stand a chance to win an Upgrade to First Class on that flight. A lucky draw would be held at the boarding gate before the takeoff, said a press release.
Terms and conditions you need to know about scheme
- Bookings would be made in RBD-E. Limited inventory available on a first come, first serve basis. Fares are subject to change without notice.
- Business / Fare Rules, Date Change, Refund and Cancellation Policy and FFP Miles would be as applicable to the fare rule of Reservation Booking Designator (RBD – “E”)
- The offer is applicable on one way fares only.
- Change in the itinerary is permitted, by paying the applicable date change fee and fare difference.
- Economy Class Passengers are eligible for availing Paid Upgrade against the Get Upfront Offer.
- This offer cannot be combined with any other Offer and /or promotion and is not applicable on Group Bookings. Applicable for direct flights only.
- Tickets purchased under this offer are refundable. Cancellation as per RBD –E. Statutory taxes would be refunded.
- Flight Schedules and timings are subject to regulatory approvals and change.
- Air India reserves the right at any time, without prior notice to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms and conditions or to replace wholly or in part, the above offer by another offer, whether similar to above offer or not, or to withdraw it altogether.
- All bookings are subject to conditions of carriage published on the Air India website www.airindia.in.
So, if you are planning your New Year in metros treat yourself with discounted air ticket prices and grab your seats in National carrier and have a happy new year!