Ahead of the admission season of the 2017-18, the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) on Monday released on its website a list of 23 fake universities and 279 fake technical institutes that are operating in India. Students seeking for various Under Graduation and Post-Graduation Courses in Engineering colleges get disappointed with this news.
As per this survey, Delhi tops the list with the highest number of fake colleges in a state, with 66 unapproved institutes, offering engineering and other technical courses. And among the 23 fake universities functioning in India without the permit of University Grants Commission (UGC), Delhi has seven. Nine out of 23 such universities offering technical and other engineering courses without the UGC’s permission are functioning in Uttar Pradesh, Odisha (two) and West Bengal (two).
Besides the national capital, states like Telangana, Kerala, Karnataka, Bihar and Maharashtra also have a huge number of such, fake technical institutes. These Universities are functioning against the provisions of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956. Warning students! besides UGC, the All India Council for Technical Education regulator (AICTE) has also issued public notices. UGC said Such universities are playing with the future of the students. Education certificates issued by such colleges and institutes are a waste.
As per the Hindustan Times report, in an annual review that happened in February, the UGC and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has released a list of such fake educational institutes on their websites— www.ugc.ac.in and www.aicte-india.org. And they also warned students of the new academic session that begins next month regarding the same.
Last year too, UGC had released a list of such fake universities which included Commercial University Ltd Daryaganj (New Delhi), United Nations University (Delhi), Vocational University (Delhi), Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) and Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga (Bihar).
These institutions or universities do not have the authority to issue educational degrees and certificates to students, making education certificates granted invalid, the UGC has said.
According to an UGC official, “a list of unapproved and unregulated technical institutions has been sent to the concerned state authorities for taking strict action against such institutions.”
Recently, Minister of State for Human Resource Development (HRD), Mahendra Nath Pandey has said in the Rajya Sabha that the ministry had asked all state governments to investigate the matters and file police complaints against such fake institutions. The state governments have also been asked to take immediate action against institutions that cheat students by misrepresenting themselves as “Universities” awarding degrees with their name.
“We sent the list of unapproved and unregulated technical institutes to the state authorities concerned to take appropriate action against such institutions,” an official was quoted by the Hindustan Times as saying. The official further added that public notices are being published in newspapers cautioning the students not to take admission in such unapproved institutions. The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has also issued notices to such institutions.
Here is the list of ‘fake universities’ by UGC:-
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi.
- United Nations University, Delhi.
- Vocational University, Delhi.
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110 008.
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK Depot, Delhi-110033.
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
- St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala.
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta.
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research,8-A, Diamond Harbour Road, Builtech inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpurkur, Kolkatta – 700063
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi.
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area, Khoda, Makanpur, Noida Phase-II, Uttar Pradesh.
- Gurukul Vishwavidyala, Vridanvan, Uttar Pradesh.
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan, Plot No. 242, Pani Tanki Road, Shaktinagar, Rourkela-769014.
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Odisha.
Original Source:- Hindustan Times