I hate to read the newspaper, I hate to watch news channel and I hate to browse news website or any social media channel because whenever I do I surely came to witness the harsh and brutal activity that is happening to girls.
But, what will happen if I ignored this, the world will be the same and the girl will suffer the same.
College student, Yana Mazurkevich has channelized her anger into creating a photo series on rape culture. The powerful campaign started by the photographer is called ‘It Happens‘.
Check Out The Nine Stories Captured And Written By It Happens:
1. “I blacked out and just remember very short flashing images…
…I remember him asking me if I was on birth control, but I was too incoherent to talk. I was trying to explain that I wasn’t. We had sex anyway. I didn’t want to and I barely remember it.”
2. “I was at a party once, sober, and two of my good female friends pulled me aside…
…telling me that someone needed help. They pulled me into this room and pinned me against the wall and started kissing me and taking my pants off, but I was able to push them off and leave. The two girls who were my friends claim that they don’t remember the incident since they were drunk.”
3. “I can’t remember details or the order of things…
4. “He made me feel guilty if I didn’t do what he wanted…
…I remember on prom night, I was exhausted and just wanted to go home, but he insisted we mess around because that was the whole point of prom night, and that’s what we were supposed to do. I still wonder if he knew just how manipulative he was.”
5. “When I was in high school, the only place to live for me was my uncle’s place.
I thought I could trust them, but there were nights when I would wake up to one of them, the biological one, in my room, or he would sneakily try to touch my junk. I never really resolved it.”
6. “I lost my virginity at a party when I was in middle school
He gave me a drink and I can’t really remember what happened after that. Just bits and pieces for the most part… but I couldn’t say no or push him off while he made me have sex with him. I woke up next to him and I was really sore but I couldn’t tell anyone what happened.”
7. “I was tattooed by a guy and while he was tattooing me…
8. “We had been drinking and, by the end of the night, I had lost all control…
…I was falling in and out of consciousness. I remember waking up with him on top of me but I kept passing back out before I could do anything about it. I always thought it was my fault for getting too drunk.”
9. “You don’t know me, but you’ve been inside me.
All Image Courtesy: It Happens