Practice matches are of immense importance for both the sides whether its the home team or the visitors.Touring teams get the all important feel of the wickets and conditions. Also the home team gets a chance to test the upcoming potential players to represent the country.
Australian Cricket Team is going to play a 4 match test series starting in Pune from Feb 23. But before the test series, aussies will face India A in a practice match from 16 Feb to 18 Feb.With India’s squad for the Bangladesh tour announced, selectors also announced the squad for India A team which will face the Aussies in a practice match.
India A team looks a good mixture of potential players as well as players who have performed well in the Ranji trophy this season.
- All-rounder Hardik pandya has been named captain of the side.
- In form spin trio of left-armer orthodox spinner Shahbaz Nadeem, off-spinner Krishnappa Gowtham and chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav will be like a minor test for the aussies before the main exam. Shahbaz Nadeem is also the highest wicket taker this season.
- Shreyas Iyer is a highly rated player in the indian domestic circuit and hence picked.
- Ishan Kishan has been picked again as he is seen as a future glovesman for India already.
- Ashok Dinda performed quite well taking 39 wickets to grab a place in the pace circuit.
- Ankit Bawne recently scored an unbeaten 351 tempting selectors to pick him.
- Navdeep Saini (pacer) and Rishabh Pant(opener) from delhi are also seen as potential players by the selectors.
- Mohammad Siraj, Rahul Singh, Baba Indrajith, Priyank Panchal are also included in the team.
India A Squad v Australia: Hardik Pandya (c), Akhil Herwadkar, Priyank Kirit Panchal, Shreyas Iyer, Ankit Bawne, Rishabh Pant, Ishan Kishan (wk), Shahbaz Nadeem, Krishnappa Gowtham, Kuldeep Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Ashok Dinda, Mohammed Siraj, Rahul Singh, Baba Indrajith